Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
1 bunch Swiss chard
2 tbsps coconut oil
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Wash chard, cut out stems, and chop leaves into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add cumin and coriander and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring. The mixture should be fragrant.
- Add the chard and salt. Mix well and cook 3-5 minutes until chard is wilted.
- Serve immediately.
- These Indian style greens bare the name of a powerful Hindu Goddess and also a beautiful mantra (prayer) that is said to represent the divine awakening of the mind and soul.
- These greens pair well with most meat entrees or baked tofu.